These past two weeks have been very busy. We have gotten back into a regular schedule with our Spanish learning sessions, culture and grammar classes, church, visiting the orphanage, and mission activities. To add to our weekly schedule, Pete went on a survey last weekend. This trip was taken with four other missionaries to see a location that is a possibility for our future tribal ministry.
Also, this coming Wednesday both of us will be traveling with two other missionary couples, and a single guy to another tribal location. This time we are staying for a week. The location we will be visiting is also a possibility for our future tribal ministry and is a much older work than the other location Pete visited. This visit will be to a tribe where missionaries have worked off and on for 30 years, but still today there are only about 25 believers and no church planted. The believers are babes in Christ and need much discipleship and nurturing. They need missionaries living among them, living out faith in Christ and challenging them to do the same. The following are a few teaser pictures…and when we get back on the 9th of February we will do a post updating you on both trips.
All these thought about the future are very exciting and when we think about spending many of our future years in one of these places we feel so privileged to be apart of God’s work. I know Pete and I would both appreciate your prayers as we take this next trip.
Please pray for:
- Safety in travel- the drive is about 10 hours on dangerous mountain roads
- Wisdom and grace as we live a week in the same house with the two other missionary couples
- That we would not be fearful to communicate with the tribal people in Spanish (all of them speak the tribal language, but know bits and pieces of Spanish as well)
- Open hearts and minds to what the Lord would have for us through this visit
- That deep relationships would begin to be formed with the other couples on the trip (as these are possible future partners for us)
- That both of us would be sensitive to what the Lord has for us as we are praying right now very seriously about the location where we will work after our time of Spanish study.
- Also pray for health. Liesl has been struggling with a sore throat and cough for the last two days and would like to feel back to normal for the trip on Wednesday.
Thank you all so much for your support and love. We covet your prayers greatly and can’t wait to share with you all what the Lord has taught us from both trips.