A date for our arrival in Mexico!!
After two years of Bible training, two years of missionary training, and almost six months of full time support raising and partnership development, it’s here… well almost.
Our departure date for Mexico is exactly 58days, 15 hours, 34minutes, and some seconds away!!
The plan is to depart from Wisconsin on January 6, 2010. We will stop in a few locations on the route since it is almost a 25 hour drive, and will arrive near the border on January 9th. After undergoing some orientation, we will cross the border a few days later and head down to Chihuahua, Mexico!
Many of you have asked us what we are feeling as we near this time. Are we anxious, excited, nervous, unsure? I think we would respond that we are all of the above. This is a huge step, moving to another culture to begin our immersion, language and culture learning, but we’ve been prepared. Prepared in many aspects, but most importantly we are learning a bit about what it means to lean on the Lord in each and every situation we will encounter. By no means are we perfect, but we know that this is what God has for us, and we are convinced that those who have not heard the hope of salvation in Mexico are on God’s heart.
God has chosen to use us to go, and we thank you,our partners, friends, & family for allowing God to use you to pray, give, and encourage us along the way! We are all in this together, obeying God and communicating His saving grace that they might know Him.
As I wrote above, we have less than two months until our departure, and there are still ways you can be involved in the ministry of planting tribal churches in Mexico.
We still need prayer partners, people to stand in the gap for us and for what God is doing in us to reach people’s hearts. It is you, interceding for us that will keep us on the field.
We still need monthly financial partners who are willing to allow the Lord to work in their hearts as they consider giving sacrificially so that the ministry in Mexico will increase. It’s not about the money, as we are learning, it’s about the obedience and willingness to be used in whatever way God would chose to use you.
Lastly, we still need a few practical items that we would like to take down to Mexico with us to aid us in our culture and language study:
- MP3 Player or Ipod – $200 (required for recording and storing language study materials and analysis)
- Spanish/English Dictionary – (new world by Signet Penguin publishers is recommended)
- Walmart gift cards – (so we can purchase notebook paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, binders, etc. when we get down to Chihuahua)
- Fireproof safe – ( for keeping person documents safe)
- Fuel/gas gift cards – (for travel expenses on our trip down to Mexico)
- We also will have set-up expenses once we arrive in Mexico. (FM3 Visas, auto insurance, rent & security deposit of the apartment we will live in, appliances such as stove, refrigerator, etc., furniture and other household items)
If you are interested in being involved in the ministry or helping us out with practical needs please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone (262) 825-8001.
Thank you again for your support and prayers. We are completely dependent on Him – but we could not do this without you, either.